As the abduction of over 200 girls from a secondary school in Chibok, Borno State continues to make the headlines, many are asking the simple question – Why have the girls not been found yet?
Despite the international attention and efforts by the Nigerian government, over 3 weeks after their abduction, the vast majority of the girls are still missing. Just today a US Official is quoted to have said the “Abducted girls may have been separated”
- It’s been more than three weeks
- The forest borders Cameroon
- Location and number of hostages are factors
- Nigerian military isn’t the most trustworthy
- It’s also ill-equipped
- Boko Haram beheads negotiators
- Its (Boko Haram) members are always on the move
- Shekau is a cold, ruthless monster
- The bounty on his (Shekau) head may not help much
We are hoping that with the added support of other countries, it amps up the rescue effort and all the girlsreturn home safely.
Photo Credit: Getty Images/CNN